Thursday, February 2, 2012

Frostbite in a pan: MAC Her Blooming Cheek blush swatch and review


This blush is not so new: it came out with MAC A Tartan Tale color collection for holiday 2010 (discontinued by now).
A Tartan Tale collection main visual by MAC.

I liked the visuals of this Scottish-inspired collection, but wasn't much into MAC at this time. When I saw it online at discounted price my curiosity began to rise, my strange infatuation with discontinued products rose it's greedy head and I bagged it.

I can say that my MAC collection is growing slowly but steadily and I admit that I have been oh-so-wrong about the brand!

Her Blooming Cheek is a sheer and cool rosy blush, with very-very subtle shimmer in it. While the blush looks bright like something from kids watercolors box, don't let yourself be fooled by it's appearance. It is in fact a gem for somebody who likes subtle no-makeup makeup look.

It gives my NC15/20 skin the most natural “just came inside from the freezing weather and my cheeks are a bit cold-bitten” healthy and rosy look. Of course, with temperatures as low as 30 degrees below Celsius in Estonia now you can get this look for free by just stepping out of the door, but who needs the skin damage that comes with it?


I use Her Blooming Cheek with my stippling brush, just dipping it in very lightly and blending carefully. It's so pigmented it stains the brush!

When I use it with regular natural hair blush brush, it tends to be overdone and loses some of it's gorgeousness. Surely it is easy to build it up, but I like it mostly for it's subtle and natural sheerness. That's why I apply it without any contouring and highlight.

The swatches. Should be blended out a lot more on cheeks.
This blush is definitely an investment. I can see myself easily hitting the pan of Nars's Deep Throat, but never with Her Blooming Cheek.

I ordered it somewhere in autumn, but it is still readily available from Fragrancedirect. It costs 14.99 GBP (around 18 euros) + shipping, but considering that MAC blushes cost around 10 euros more in stores, it's not a bad price. Especially calculating cost per wear :)

Yours Truly,
Tolmu Rull

For my lovely Estonian readers:

MAC'i Her Blooming Cheek on kärtsroosa põsepuna, mis hoolikalt hajutatuna annab põskedele tulin- just-kelgutamast väljanägemise. Ärge laske ennast esialgsest välimusest kohutada, tegelikult on see väga hea põsepuna igapäevaseks mul-pole-mingit meiki peal meigiks. Saadaval veebist.

Siiralt teie,
Tolmu Rull  

No comments:

Post a Comment