Sunday, July 1, 2012

Rich Pure Luxury Argan Oil Elixir – a cheaper dupe for the famous Moroccanoil



I have discovered a hair product so good, it's a shame I haven't blogged about it yet.

As I've mentioned many times before, my hair is dry, coloured, a bit frizzy and has split ends. At the same time it is quite fine and can be weighed down easily if using wrong kind of products. It used to be very difficult to comb after washing and the ends used to look bushy as if some kind of furry animal was clinging to my head :(

Then I discovered Rich Pure Luxury Argan Oil Elixir.


Discussing that, I must start with the benefits of argan oil. The oil is extracted from kernels of Argan fruit that comes from the Argan trees,a desert plant growing in Morocco. Argan oil or “liquid gold” as it is often called, has been used for daily hair care by women in Morocco for centuries. (It is used widely in skin care too, but I'll concentrate on benefits for the hair.)

Argan oil is:
  • hydrating, nourishing and strehgtening for hair & scalp; 
  • making hair softer, shinier, more elastic (less breakage!) and more manageable in general;
  • very lightweight, absorbs quickly and does not make hair greasy or weigh it down like many other oils; 
  • good at fighting frizz and brittleness; 
  • also said to be hair growth enhancing. 
Therefore, it is very good for restoring damaged and over-processed hair. One of the most famous hair products containing argan oil is the brand Moroccanoil that is said to be one of the best selling hair care lines in the world and has been hyped by many beauty bloggers too.


Battling to make my hair even a little bit healthier, I was just about to invest in Moroccanoil hair treatment. Doing some research, about argan oil in general I found that Rich Pure Luxury Argan Oil Elixir has almost the same list of main ingredients than the much-praised Moroccanoil. But it's nearly three times cheaper!

See for yourself:
Moroccanoil Hair Treatment ingredients
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D & C Yellow 11, D & C Red 17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

RICH Pure Luxury Argan Oil ingredients


Yes, both do contain a fair share of silicones (Moroccanoil even more), that can be a put-off for a lot of people. Other people still swear by it.

For me, Rich Argan Oil works well: it really does everything argain oil is promising to do. It's much-much better than other hair serums, oils or elixirs I have tried. After I have washed and towel dried my hair, I smooth 2-3 pumps of Rich Argan Elixir all over my hair, concentrating on ends and style it as usual. My hair is much more manageable, smooth and shiny, yet not weighed down or greasy. The only thing I'm not sure about is hair growth enhancing: I've never rubbed it to my scalp, but maybe I should use it as a night-time hair treatment too.


The only downside of this product for me is that it comes in a glass bottle that is heavy to lug around and can be broken easily, if dropped. The problem is easily solved by depotting it to another pump bottle, as I did for travelling, here.

I bought Rich Argan Oil Elixir from SalonPlus. Full price for 70 ml is 12.90 euros, but there are often discounts up to 40 %. I shall definitely repurchase during one of those, as mine is running out!

Have you ever tried anything with argan oil? Are you bothered by silicones in hair products?

Yours Truly,
 Tolmu Rull

For my lovely Estonian ladies:

Maroko päritolu argaaniaõli on juuksehoolduses hästi tuntud. Mõtlesin minagi turgutada oma kuivi, värvitud ja katkiste otstega juukseid vingelt haibitud Moroccanoil'i hooldusvahendiga, aga veebis tuhnides avastasin, et Rich-sarja juuksestruktuuri taastav eliksiir on peaaegu sama koostisega, kuid kolm korda (või enam, sõltuvalt soodukast) odavam. See teeb tõesti kõike, mis pudelil lubatakse: taastab juuste elastsuse ja niiskustasakaalu, annab sära ja vähendab värvi tuhmumist, parandab kammitavust. Seejuures pole eliksiir raske ega rasvane ja sobib ka õhematele juustele.

Tõrvatilk meepotis on selle eliksiiri suur silikoonisisaldus. Üldiselt aga julgen soovitada!

Siiralt teie,
Tolmu Rull













10 comments:

  1. I've got crazy curly hair that really needs taming to look vaguely human, so I use a lot of hair products. I'm always looking for the next great one. My favourite of all time is Macadamia Natural oil healing oil treatment, it gives the best moisturizing and control of frizz for me. My hair is so much softer now and behaves like real hair! I really want to try their mask and see if it's as good as it seems. I also like (in order of awesomeness) Moroccanoil oil treatment, Agadir Argan oil hair treatment, BaByliss Pro Argan Oil Oil treatment. I have a post with a list of all my hair products on my blog if anyone is interested http://michtymaxx.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/haircare-products.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this article with us,Informative information.

    Hair salon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried argan oil before but have heard lots of good things about it

    ReplyDelete
  4. The growth of this Moroccan beauty key is increasing to the world. And, argan hair oil is getting its position among many of the high-quality ingredients currently being offered in products coming to the market.Pure And Organic Argan Oil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agadir Argan Oil Hair Treatment (formerly known as Moroccan Gold) is the latest buzz and hottest product the professional hair care segment has seen in years. It's unique formula is based on one of the most rarest oils in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Blog! Do You Have Any Helpful Hints For Aspiring Writers? I'm Planning To Start My Own Site Soon But I'm A Little Lost On Everything. Would You Suggest Starting With A Free Platform Like Wordpress Or Go For A Paid Option? There Are So Many Choices Out There That I'm Totally Overwhelmed .. Any Ideas? Thanks A Lot! agenify

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you use this product on your face?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have done a brilliant job making sure that people understand where you are coming from. And let me tell you, I get it. Please post more updates to cure.
    Argan Oil benefits in Uk
    Best anti ageing in Uk
    Best facial oil in Uk
    Natural skincare in Uk
    Active ingredients in Uk
    Skin Hydration in Uk
    Pure Argan Oil in Uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our collection features Best Argan oil for stretch marks?. Our cold-pressed Argan oil comes from Morocco.

    ReplyDelete