Friday, January 20, 2012

I found a dupe! China Glaze Techno dupe!


Today I was randomly looking through some swatches of China Glaze upcoming Electropop collection on Scrangie's blog, when something very familiar caught my eye.  

Hmm ... I already have this polish, I thought checking out a picture of Techno, a silvery glitter polish with small and large holographic glitter pieces. Damn, this is MY MANICURE was my next reaction, when I saw Techno layered over Wicked Style from the same collection (you have to scroll down when looking at Scrangie's swatches, Techno swatches are at the end of the post).

One coat over Orly Belle Of The Ball.
Aren't the polishes and the mani similar? I had this manicure planned for New Year's Eve, but as usual, life was what happened and I ended up  wearing totally different shades. But that's why I have the swatches and pictures ready :)

The polish that could be a twin of Techno is Alix Avien nr.110, a clear base packed with large hexagonal and small round silver holographic glitter particles. (See, even the descriptions are an exact match!) It covers quite smoothly and evenly and the drying time could be described as "normal", as opposed to "superfast".


Techno is actually not a new polish, but a repromote from China Glaze's 50 Specialty Colors collection that was launched in 2009. This is the collection that had Atlantis, Nova and Cosmic for example.


While I don't own Techno (nor are planning to get it), deciding from the picture the differences between these two polishes are minor to my eye. Might be that the Turk has a bit more glitter particles and they might be slightly larger, but surely this is not something to complain about. Both polishes can easily worn by themselves, but look amazing as layering polishes too. 

One coat in the left, two coats on the right.

Alix Avien polishes are sold in Estonia in L-Cosmetics stores. I believe they cost about 3 euros or so. There are some other great holos in their collection.  

I don't engage in determined dupe hunting, but this was fun discovery. Do you do dupe hunting? Have you discovered any good ones?  
Yours Truly,
Tolmu Rull


For my lovely Estonian ladies: 

Vaatasin netist China Glaze uue kevadise Electropop kollektsiooni swatch'e, kui korraga pauh! jõudis mu ajju teadmine, et täpselt selline lakk mul ju on ja täpselt sellist maniküüri kui pildil kavatsesin uusaastapeol kanda. Tuleb välja, et Alix Avien'i lakk nr. 110 ja China Glaze Techno on üsna täpselt ühesugused!

Siiralt teie,
Tolmu Rull


No comments:

Post a Comment