Monday, September 24, 2012

Empties: summer 2012. Part 2


Now when the summer is really-really over and done with in Northern hemisphere and autumn has arrived, it's high time to do part with my summer empties. Here's the second part I promised a while ago (see the first part here). BTW, I've been suffering from the first true cold of this autumn for the whole weekend: slurping down some spicy chicken soup, while trying to stay warm and covered :(

OK, down to business, let's get this one done, so I could concentrate on better news next week.


  • Purexin Garlic shampoo. We brought this from Turkey last spring. My hubby used up the most of it, but I did get a few tries. My frequent readers must know my love for kitchen-related beauty stuff by now :) It was a fairly decent shampoo (no actual garlic smell whatsoever!), but obscenely expensive and no need to mention, hard almost impossible to buy in Estonia. Since I have no special memories of it, no repurchase. (I used a lot of 'no'-s in these last sentences. Umm... the point remains the same, but I must contain myself, otherwise my reviews are going to be a lot like something you can read from certain books beginning with the word  'Fifty'). 
  • Tigi Love Peace & The Planer Eco Awesome Shampoo and Conditioner. Whoa! These have been my greatest love in hair cleaning & conditioning since I laid my eyes on them. They totally deserve a review of their own! I've purchased these again in bigger sizes already and they are being loved by our whole family. Let's just say these are pure goodness in bottles. Don't remember the excact prices, but if you are familiar with Tigi range, then you'll know they're not the cheapest ones around, but not the most priciest either. 
  • Avon  Senses Waterfall Shower Gel. I loved this too! Avon Senses is a nice range of shower gels, you've probably seen some of them here before. I love them for their smell, but must mention they're rather thin & watery, therefore go fast. I loved Waterfall for it's turquoise colour and great unisex smell of fresh waters. Paid 3.90 euros for it and shall probably repurchase. 
  • Lancome Aroma Tonic Body Lotion. Another great love of mine!  I loved-loved-loved the scent of it! I've been saving it a while, using only a little at a time. To my knowledge, it's discontinued by now, so no hope for a repurchase. It's gone and dearly missed by me. If i could repurchase, I would.
  • Australian Gold Intimidation solarium cream. Yep, I do visit tanning booth's from time to time, because a person needs a break from endless rains from time to time. I loved the cooling effect of this cream. The tube was huge, took a while to use up, but it was all good. 
  • Sally Hansen Airbrush Sun self tanner. I got this as a GWP and totally hated it! The smell was obnoxious and application very patchy. And don't even get me started on the orangey skin tone and damage to the ozone layers it left behind! 
  • Lush Cupcake Fresh Face mask. Not my first one of these, see review here.
  • Lumene Arctic Aqua 24h Balancing Moisturiser. I was on the fence with this. I mean, I totally love Lumene and I like light face moisturisers, but this one was a brat. It completely sunk in to my skin, but after a few hours my face turned really oily & shiny, especially if I used some foundation on top. I liked it's slightly marine smell, but I can't give top grades on moisturising... I think there are better ones out there (this is my politically correct comment if I don't want to say that I'm outright disappointed with something). 
  • Ambray Nail Polish Remover and Avon Individual Blue Ladies Scent. These are the beauty school drop outs this time. The nail polish remover didn't remove much, so it was gone in a jiffy, but Individual Blue was totally another matter. In spite of being a popular ladies scent, I hated it, so I mostly used it to scare off my evil cat from biting my shins at nighttime and to freshen the toilet. Glad they're both gone! 
After staying on the empties project for about 9 months now, I noticed today some more unexpected free space in my bathroom cabinet. Yay! On that happy note, over and out.

Yours Truly,
Tolmu Rull

For my lovely Estonian ladies:

Järjekordne osa tühjade potsikute projektist. Heas mõttes on kõige märkimisväärsemad on Tigi Eco Awesome shampoon ja palsam, millest ehk kunagi jõuan põhjalikumalt kirjutada, ja Lancome kehakreem, mida ma väga armastasin, kuid paraku sai seegi lõpuks otsa. Nüüd lähen voodisse oma nohust nina nuuskama ja loodan, et selle sügise esimene külmetushaigus jääb ka viimaseks. Loota ju ikka võib, eks?

Siiralt teie,
Tolmu Rull

3 comments:

  1. Hei! Ma nii kaua otsisin Su meiliaadressi ja ma ei leidnudki lõpuks :) Sorry, et ma nii suvalise teema alla kirjutan. Mulle jäi kuskilt postitusest silma, et Sa soovitasid Grimas'e meigitooteid, aga neist täpsemalt kirjas ei olnud. Kas oleks võimalik saada infot, mida neilt osta tasub? :)

    P.S: Su blogi on super! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aitäh komplimendi eest! Head sõnad innustavad ja annaks kui tiivad :)

    Loomulikult ka aitäh märkuse eest! Katsun meiliaadressi nähtavamale kohale panna.

    Mina fännan Grimas'e tolmpuudreid ja lauvärve. Tolmpuudrid on väga laias värvivalikus ja soodsa hinnaga. Kui kahtled toonide vahel, siis võib võtta ka värvitu Transparent Powder'i, mis topsis näib valge, aga näol värvitu.

    Lauvärvid on hästi hea pigmendiga, pehmed ja ülilaias valikus. Minu meelest isegi veidi paremad kui näiteks Mac'i omad. Soome blogija kiidab ka: http://karkkipaiva.indiedays.com/tag/grimas/

    Grimas'el on ka ülilai valik igasugu sädelusi ja muud efektikraami, aga kuna mina neid pole palju vajanud, siis ma täpsemalt rääkida ei oska. Küllap on head, sest on ju tegu teatrimeigi firmaga.

    Kui ma oma uue kraami Grimas'elt kätte saan, siis teen ka postituse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This the excellent post which I have seen and it helped me a lot , Thanks for sharing it!!
    Ambray Nail Polish Remover

    ReplyDelete