Friday, September 14, 2012

Naked Shine Coconut & Shea Glossing Hair Treatment review (and a few words on “naked” and “nude”)


I received this Naked hair treatment sachet as a surprise gift with an order of some other items a while ago. My first thought when I looked at it was: hey, I'm getting a bit tired of all these naked, nude, bare, barely there, lust have and whatnot names! The names referring to the absence of clothes have been popping up everywhere for a few years already, starting with Urban Decay's oh-so-famous-you-so-must-have-it Naked palette. (Thinking back, Nars Orgasm could have been the true trendsetter...)

I know these types of names are catchy. Of course everybody's utmost wish is to feel comfortable in their own skin and give in to some bodily pleasures from time to time, but by now this kind of referrence is by far overused. As a proud owner of Naked, Orgasm and Deep Throat, I beg: please do invent something new and interesting, marketing people!

In case of this Naked hair treatment from Naked Bodycare the term refers to the fact that the products claim to be 97 % natural. Taken from their website: “Naked was born with a clear and simple concept – a brand that is safe, natural and free from harmful chemicals but is priced for everyday use. It can be used by women, men, babies, children and even the odd pampered pooch!”


I ask: why settle for only 97 % natural, when there are excellent 100% natural products out there? What does the extra 3 % contain, did you add some poisonous chemicals just for fun, while claiming to be oh-so-bunny friendly?

Anyway, the pretentious name & other marketing crap aside, I was quite curious to try it, as the packet promised great results. It screamed coconut & shea after all!

Boy, how great was my disappointment after first use! It was extremely hard to rinse off and did absolutely nothing good for my hair. Naked left my hair coarse, strawlike, tangly and hard to comb, as if I haven't used any kind of conditioner or hair mask at all. When my hair dried afterwards, it still felt heavy and a bit greasy, but not smooth and moisturised enough at the same time. The only good thing about it was that I got three uses out of the “single use” sachet.

The hair mask itself is a thick white paste as they usually are and was meant to be used like they usually are: apply to clean and towel dried hair, let it sit for a few minutes and rinse out. It had quite generic hair mask scent, resembling a bit of coconut & lime, I think.

Overall, I didn't like this product, because I couldn't find any virtues in it besides nice packaging and being 97 % natural. Sorry, bunnies. Let's go for 100 % next time.

Naked products are being sold on their website and in Kaubamaja, if anyone's keen to try this hair mask.

Have you tried anything from Naked? And how well do you take in those raunchy names I mentioned?

Yours truly,
Tolmu Rull

For my lovely Estonian ladies:

Kuulge, kas teie pole juba kergelt tüdinenud neist “vaimukatest” alastiolekule ja mitmesugustele lihalikele rõõmudele viitavatest nimedest, mida erinevad kosmeetikafirmad nii külluslikult oma toodetele panevad? Naked (tõlkes: alasti) juuksemaski näppides oli mu esimene mõte: aitab küll! Samuti Naked-nimelise lauvärvipaleti, Deep Throat (tõlkes: sügav kurk, eks mõelge ise edasi) ja Orgasm (ei vaja selgitust, eks) põsepunade omanikuna arvan: aitab juba! No ei mõju enam uudse ja põnevana.
Ah et Naked maski kohta ka paar sõna? Minu juustel ei toiminud see peaaegu üldse. Ei pehmust, ei niisutust, ei läiget. Kokkuvõttes ei soovita.

Siiralt teie,
Tolmu Rull

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena has left a new comment on your post "Naked Shine Coconut & Shea Glossing Hair Treatment...":

    Hello there, I am so excited I found your site, I really found you by error, while I was researching on google for Keratin Hair Treatment, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a fantastic post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds.

    Thank you so much, Elena!

    ReplyDelete